Is online betting safe?
If you’re new to online betting or just want to know more then you’ve come to the right place. One of the most common questions we hear is, “is online betting safe?” Yes! Online betting is safe. That being said, it is good to be aware of the risks involved with anything you’re doing. In this blog, we are going to look at some of the main concerns that exist in the world of online betting. This will help you find ways to identify potential issues and ensure a safe experience.
Some of the main concerns we hear about are:
– Getting scammed online
– Sharing or selling my personal data
– The legality of online betting
Getting Scammed Online
Typically, this is the biggest concern associated with online gambling. In the past, there have been a few online sites that have scammed or ripped off their customers and this has left a bit of a sting for the whole community.
Some ways that online casinos scam their customers is by:
– Disappearing from the online world completely
– Paying the winner extremely late
– Taking withdraws with the promise of payment later – but it never arrives
– Simply not paying the winner at all
Clearly, these actions reflect poorly on the online betting industry.
There are also ways that people who use online betting websites could get scammed:
– A person online claiming to know algorithms to “help you win” in exchange for money
– Sending links to casinos that are filled with viruses/spyware
Knowing the risk is important but, have no fear, there are ways to stay away from sites that may be a potential risk. The best way to do this is to find a trusted site (we’ll touch more on this later).
Whenever you are putting your personal data out online there is a risk involved. Sharing information such as credit card details, home addresses and more with the online world is a risk. There are some sites that operate unethically, but most do not.
Finding out which sites can be trusted is simple to do. You’ll need to do some simple research.
– Does the company have an active SSL certificate?
– Are they licensed and regulated by a governing body?
– How old is the company? You’ll want to look for businesses that are established and have been around for a while
– What is their reputation like? (reviews, ratings, returning customers)
– Do they have genuine reviews? For example, if all of their online reviews lack comments or were all posted on the same day this may be an example of fraudulent reviews.
The Legality of Online Betting
For those of us who live in a country where online betting is fully legalized or regulated, such as the UK, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. However, in other countries around the world, there are people who may be concerned about this. They may live in countries such as Turkey, where online betting is banned or in countries like Poland where some types are allowed and others aren’t.
Most online gambling legislation is aimed at those who provide online gambling services and operate gambling sites, not the players. In our opinion, it means that there’s very little risk of getting into legal trouble for betting online.
Online gambling is safe. Most of the sites that you come across are going to be well established and create a really fun experience.
It’s always important to know your risks; the best way to stay safe in the world of online betting is by choosing sites that are legitimate and legal. By asking yourself some simple questions and doing very basic research, you’ll be able to keep yourself protected and safe.
At Bonus Library we review Casinos to make sure they are safe. Check out our casino reviews here.